- Political ForumsOctober 16, 2014 - 8:50 am
Mark your calendar! Political Forums are in secession: Wednesday, October 22 from 12-1 PM in the AT Auditorium (Republican candidates) Wednesday, October 29 from 12-1 PM in the AT Auditorium (Democratic candidates) Wednesday, November 5 from 12-1 PM in the AT Auditorium (Paul Johnson from the High Point Enterprise will speak about state and local […]
- All College Read – Colors of ConfinementOctober 16, 2014 - 8:43 am
“Colors of Confinement,” will be presented by Eric Muller, a leading expert on the internment, and Dan K. Moore Distinguished Professor in Jurisprudence and Ethics at UNC-Chapel Hill. When: October 21, 12-1:00 pm Where: AT Auditorium on the Jamestown campus This event is free and will be an enlightening, compelling experience for all Post expires at 2:36pm on Tuesday […]
- BAREFOOT IN THE PARKOctober 15, 2014 - 10:49 am
GTCC Theatre Presents: BAREFOOT IN THE PARK Where: Fine Arts Theatre, Koury Center – Jamestown Campus When: Nov. 6-8, 13-15 (all shows 8 pm) Tickets: Tickets on sale Oct. 1. General Admission seating: General Public: $15.00 GTCC Faculty/ Staff/ Alumni: $10 GTCC Students: $5.00 Buy tickets: http://www.highpointtheatre.com Post expires at 8:46pm on Saturday November 15th, […]
STUDENT LIFE EVENTS
- Slipping and sliding down a volcanoOn some forgotten day in 2004, Cerro Negro, a soot-colored volcano in Nicaragua, was host to an unusual visitor.
- Ebola fears crippling safari industryWith travel to Africa poised to hit all-time highs in 2014, a drop-off in travel bookings was the last thing the continent's lucrative safari industry thought it would be facing going into 2015.
- Late pope gets closer to sainthoodPope Francis moved a predecessor closer to sainthood on Sunday, beatifying Pope Paul VI on the last day of a gathering in Rome of church leaders from around the world.
- 70 ISIS bodies left at hospitalThe terror group has apparently taken a heavy hit over the past several days, based on reports from a Syrian opposition group.
- Death toll climbs in search for hikersThe grim search for missing hikers and bodies buried under snow continued Saturday against the dramatic backdrop of Nepal's Himalayas, as officials confirmed that at least 39 people had died in an exceptionally heavy snowfall.